Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 1, June 27, 2010

I have been thinking to do this for quite a long time. Yes, use my blog as my Personal Diary. Using this as a vent to let out my emotions. Two events inspired me to take this decision. One, Amitabh Bacchan 's Blog and two, my unrelenting quest to improve my English language skills. Instead of boring everyone with the rationale behind my choice, I would rather blog upon the events that appealed me this week.

Undoubtedly, the hottest topic would be Mesut Ozil. Who is this fancy kid? What is he doing in the heart of the well-oiled German Midfield Machinery in this Soccer World Cup? That was a lame question isn't it? I was of the opinion that the German National Football team(Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft) was powered by Ballack and Schweinstieger in the midfield. Thunderous strike aginst Ghana from the Werder Bremen marksman made me change my ideology. What a Talent !! France and Raymond Domonech sucked once agian. Italians never settled even against unkown footballing nations. It is a shame that they have the best club footballing team in whole of Europe at this moment - Inter Milan. I feel that the world cup would still continue with the same vigor and passion even without the presence of France and Italy in the round of 16s. Another biggest mystery is Spain. They were named as the tournament favourites along with Brazil. Still they managed to loose a game against Slovenia. All the predictions are being thrown out of the window. My bet would be on Argentina. Lets hope that Messi will truly be crowned the King of the World and Maradonna runs naked in the centre of Buenous Aries City.

Taken. This week-end I had the oppurtunity to watch Liam Neeson in TAKEN. A heart-wrenching story in which Neeson's Daughter gets entangled into a prostitution web in France. How Neeson saves her daughter is the story line. Liam does a pretty decent job portraying an ex-marine and the film is more than watchable. But the scenes featuring the brothels in France run by Albanian Immigrants will surprise everyone. The Albanians who work in the construction sites in french downtown, would kidnap young girls, drug them and force them into prostitution.The brothel resembles much like a tent theater with lots of screens and beds. How could a developed country like France allow such a criminal activity ? A must see film to know about the dark side of Paris.

Concurrency in DB2. There is a Db2 transaction which resolves the concurrency issues in case of a Deadlock. This transaction kills any one of the two tasks involved in the deadlock randomly and resolves the deadlock. The beauty is that this Deadlock resolver is a transaction which sleeps and wakes up after the specified interval. Amazing isn't.

Need to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow...

No comments: