Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Year that will be - 2008

The other day I was browsing through my earlier blogs just to check what have I done for the past four years. To be frank not much of an improvement. The same stammer in English, but got a bit techie ( Copied the word 'stammer' and pasted in MS Word to check the spelling). I would say the thought process as far as English is concerned has really become a barrier for me to publish the blogs. I am still hoping that some day I can master this beautiful language.

Well after going through my previous blogs , one question that I can ask my self , what have I done meaningfully for the past four years. Completed my Engineering , got me a job ( infarct 2 ) , put on 2years and six months of experience as a mainframe professional, aped some great quizzers and bright minds , humiliated myself by not writing the CAT and GATE, ( skipping CAT hurted me more), grown a belly as big as a tiny pot, skipped Gym sessions regularly, tried to impress many girls and failing, diagnosed with a congenital minor heart irregularity and the list goes on.

Now with lots of comforts ( should I say necessities) N72,3120,Coby,Kingston,Broadband,A DVD Player,3.1 sound system, Credit Cards , Cricket Matches through satellite television life seems to be moving at a cool pace for me. But is this what life really is ? Though I may sound a bit philosophical( Not even logical :) ) , I find that I have really lived and enjoyed my life and I have come to the stage where I can say IT QUITS !! if it is going to be the same for another 2 years.

For 2008 , I think I have some very good plan for the year. Though most of the times I end up failing to reach half of what I have planned, this time, even if I were to achieve half of what I have planned, then it would be a great success for me. First to go , is to improve my language skills .English is the language which I love the most. It would be truly unjust if I am not fluent enough by the next time when I see this blog. I am planning to read,listen,see and assimilate some good stuff to improve my knowledge. I really have some very bad habits my ego, fear of loosing out to an opponent, not acknowledging a genuine good work, pretending to act in a very rapid pace thereby projecting an image as if I am comfortable under extremely hard circumstances and above all - Laziness.

Lets see how things roll out in the near future.And by the way the whole post has to me renamed as a 'A Naked Self Confession rather than My plans for 2008 ', Bye. .

No comments: